Monday, July 19, 2010

Kashmir mother of all disputes: Warsi

Maqsood Muntzer

Islamabad, July 18: Baroness Sayeeda Warsi, minister/chairperson Conservative Party of United Kingdom has admitted that Kashmir issue is the mother of all the deputes pending between Pakistan and India and said it should be resolved according to wishes of Kashmiris. Warsi said, “I belong to Varmul in Kashmir and understand sensitivity of this core issue. However, I don’t want to get into detail with reference to its history rather I would like to say it should be resolved according to wishes of Kashmiris.” She said, “I know that people of Pakistan and Jammu and Kashmir have great expectations from me, my party and coalition government of Prime Minister David Cameron regarding dispute of Kashmir.”
However, she maintained that Kashmiris must be taken on board as this dispute can only be solved according to their own wishes. Speaking to journalists Warsi assured Pakistan of UK’s full support in the fields of education and war on terrorism. Baroness Sayeeda Warsi urged both Pakistan and India to initiate effective steps for early peaceful resolution of the Kashmir dispute.

No comments:

Post a Comment