Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hamidi Kashmiri among Padma awardees


Srinagar, Jan 26: Noted Urdu critic, writer and former vice-chancellor of Kashmir University Hamidi Kashmiri has been awarded Padma Shree for his contribution in literature and education. Besides Kashmiri, Dr Jitender Udhampuri has also been awarded Padma Shree in the same category while Ghulam Muhammad Mir has been given the award for Public Services. Hamidi Kashmiri has written 50 books including Iqtishafi Tanqeed Ki Sheryat, Ainame Ibraaq, Mahasir Tanqeed , Riyasati Jammu Aur Kashmir Urdu Adab, Jadeed Kashir Shayeri, Shiekh –ul-Aalam Aur Shayeri. He had received Galib award for Urdu and Sahitya Academy award in Kashmiri language. “Even though my contribution has been recognized off late. I am 76 now. But I am very happy for the award,” he told Greater Kashmir. “I have introduced a new concept of criticism, which reveals inner experience contained in the words of text,” he added. “I was surprised to know about the award as I don’t have any contact with those quarters which recommend people for such awards,” he said. He said it was recognition of the work done by Urdu writers of the state. Dogri writer and former director Radio Kashmir, Jammu Dr Jitender Udhampuri said: “I feel proud to receive the award. I will write to live.” He said Dogri language must be made compulsory at the primary level. He is author of 25 books in Dogri and Hindi including History of Dogri Literature, The Great Epic Ditto.

No comments:

Post a Comment